From LouisKatz

Soluble: CopperCompounds

All copper compounds have environmental hazards. Disposal is an issue. With soluble materials these disposal problems are greater. Copper sulphate and chloride should never be sent into the environment. Fortunately they react with soda ash to for copper carbonate which can be settled out and reused. Copper carbonate and other copper compounds should not be sent to sewage treatment plants or into septic tanks and leach fields as it kills bacterial needed for proper treatment. It is a powerful aquatic poison. Copper sulphate used to be used to kill algae in ponds. It is very destructive. You can read about this here: http://www.aquaticbiologists.com/aquatic-chemicals/herbicides/copper-sulfate . More material related to its use on plants is here : http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/carbaryl-dicrotophos/copper-sulfate-ext.html Copper sulphate is poisonous to ingest.

Retrieved from https://louiskatz.net/w/pmwiki.php?n=Soluble.CopperCompounds
Page last modified on March 23, 2019, at 09:35 PM